- Watch these videos on Climate Change: the Scientific Debate. I watched...3.
- Read an edifying book. Nope nope nope. I tried, but only made it a few pages
- Sell or give away some of the stuff I no longer use. Those things are sitting in boxes, ready to go...but they're still here. I did get rid of a few things.
- Continue to preserve food through canning or freezing. Yes! I did this! I canned tomatoes, and I'm going to do some hot sauce and applesauce this weekend!
- Get ready for some September events! I put together a slideshow of a bunch of area gardens / harvests for our annual Harvest Celebration! The event is on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it.
- Spend a day on a lake. Well, I drove all the way around Lake Michigan. That's got to count for something, right?
- A home-pressed cider and homemade doughnut party! We're pressing cider this weekend, and this friend has promised to make some doughnuts! It's going to be great!
- It looks like I'll be going on a couple business trips to visit customers. I have mixed feelings about this - but it's definitely a positive step for the company I work for.
- Other than that, I have no real plans except to catch up. Things have been pretty crazy lately and I'm getting behind, so I'm HOPING October will slow down.
A friend told me about some perfect wine peaches available at a can't-say-no-to-that price. Six hours later, I had a bucket of peach wine started.
I started my first batch of beer! An India Black Ale - and they weren't kidding about the how dark this beer is! I only screwed it up a little bit, hopefully it was all even out in the end. (behind it: rhubarb wine from this spring, and the aforementioned peach wine is wrapped up in a white towel.)