03 January 2014

A New Year


2014 has started off with some COLD weather.  I think if I can nurse my car battery through the first few days of next week, I can avoid replacing it for a while longer, but so far I’ve been crossing my fingers that my car starts up every morning.  Not great.
So it’s a new year!  I have no idea what is in store for me this year, which makes it pretty difficult to figure out what goals to put down.  That being said, here are some generic goals for the year:

  • Get more art in my life.  I feel like I’m losing touch with my artistic side, and I don’t have a lot of artsy people that I talk to on a regular basis.  I’m starting to forget the language of art, and it’s time to reverse that.
  • Speaking of learning languages, I want to learn the language of finance this year.  Mutual funds, bonds, calls, puts and options.  It’s time to become an expert at preparing for my future, financially.
  • Get involved in a local charity and donate some time to helping people.  I think my life is pretty selfish right now.  I would have never gotten to where I am today without help, so it’s time to pay it forward.
I forgot the source of this image so if it's yours let me know and I'll either give credit or take it down :)

Now, on a more local level, what does January hold for me?

  • Get back on track with healthy eating and working out.  I was doing REALLY well this fall, but then after we got back from Mexico, I was sick for a while, then I had that business trip, and basically I just fell out of the habit.  I’m having a really hard time getting back into it because winter has made me lethargic and when I’d rather wrap up in a blanket than put on cold workout clothes, it’s just hard to find the motivation.
  • I’ve also got a couple breakfast recipes coming your way.  I have been eating more breakfast in an effort to start the day out right, and post about my two favorite options.
  • Birthday!  Plans are still being finalized, but it sounds like my favorite brewery will be featuring an awesome folk group that I’ve newly discovered.  Now I just need to decide what cake to make.
  • Go through my closet and get rid of clothes I don’t wear anymore.  I’ve been adding quite a bit to my closet this year, but I haven’t gotten rid of anything.  Bring back the balance!
  •  Make a photobook.  I’ve wanted to do this for a while now, it’s time to just do.

That’s probably a good balance of self-improvement and fun.  As long as I don’t turn into a popsicle next week (seriously, a high of 2 degrees F?) I’m starting to get the itch to plan my next warm vacation just so I have something to look forward to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment