- 1 (18 oz) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp hazelnut extract
- 3/4 c. pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan (unless you are using a baking stone).
2. Combine all ingredients except pistachios. Mix well (a mixer would be appropriate here). Add in pistachios and mix until evenly distributed.
3. Form the dough into two loaves on the baking sheet, roughly 12x2 in. each.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Slice loaves diagonally, about 1-in thick. Turn cut-side down onto baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. If needed, turn them over onto the other cut side and bake for 5 more minutes. They should be crisp all over.