- Bus work - time to start working on the interior. I don't think any interior work was done (Kyle swept, does that count?). We took it places though!
- Visitors! My little brother and fiancee (!) spent a weekend here. It was great!
- Find a couple inspiring recipes. Fail. If anything, I'm even less excited about cooking than I was at the beginning of the month. We'll see how this plays out. If I could justify the ingredients and expense of processed food, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Just. not. feelin' it.
- Gut the garage. Done! And it feels so good. And it looks great.
- Start some wine. I started an elderberry port. I briefly mentioned elderberries in this post, and I started wine from those berries, but this month I started a port using the spent berries from the wine as well as some fresh (frozen) berries. I wanted to start a kit but Kyle claimed the last carboy for beer.
So here's some November stuff:
- Pretty sure camping is on the docket.
- Start a batch of Drifter clone beer. Widmer Bros used to brew a fantastic pale ale called Drifter, but has discontinued it. Some great homebrewers made a clone recipe and we just bought the ingredients.
- Get dirt. Kyle made a raised bed, and dirt is all that's standing in between me and fresh arugula.
- Meet some new people.
- Complete a class I started taking on Coursera - free education available online? I love it. I can learn about topics I actually want to learn about!
On to the photos! The garage was a nasty project with old shredded insulation filled with lots of rodent droppings and the like.