- 6 to 8 oz of mushrooms (one package)
- Fresh basil - ten leaves, give or take a few
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
1. Chop the basil. Mix with the Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and salt. Take two garlic cloves and smash them with the flat side of a knife. Mix the basil, spices, and garlic with the evoo and vinegar.
2. Put the mushrooms in your marinating container - a bag works fine, use something that can be sealed. Pour the dressing over the mushrooms. Shake the container to ensure that each mushroom gets fully coated.
3. Marinate in the fridge overnight, up to 24 hours. Drain and *serve.
*Can also use the mushrooms on kabobs. Highly recommended. Also, the marinade can be used as a regular dressing.