Sardine Stuffed Mushrooms (based on a recipe found here)
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- 1/2 c chopped fennel bulb
- any amount of mushrooms
- 7 oz sardines
- crumbled bacon, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fennel leaves
- flaked parmesan cheese, if desired
1. Saute onion, pepper, fennel and chopped mushroom stems for about 7 minutes. Turn off the heat.
2. Add the sardines, bacon, and spices. Stir until well mixed, breaking up the sardines if necessary
3. Stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps.
4. Sprinkle with parmesan, if desired.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 350*.