- 3/4 c sugar
- 6 tbs butter
- 2 canisters crescent seamless dough sheets (8 oz. each)
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 3/4 c pecan pieces
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
1. In a saucepan, heat up the sugar and 6 tbs butter over medium heat. Keep and eye on it and stir frequently. After about ten minutes, it will start to brown. Continue stirring until caramel has a copper hue. Pour the caramel into a 9x13 baking pan (caramel may set up quickly - just spread it as best you can and do not worry). Refrigerate caramel for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Get caramel out of the fridge. Melt the 4 tbs of butter and mix with the cinnamon in a little bowl. Open and unroll the first dough sheet. Paint the entire dough sheet with the cinnamon-butter mixture. Sprinkle on half the chocolate chips and half the pecans (reserve some pecans for garnish). Roll up the dough sheet with the long side facing you (so that you get a long roll rather than a short roll). Slice the roll into 1.5-in to 2-in slices. Set them upright on top of the caramel, leaving a little space in between each. Repeat with the second dough sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
5. While the pan is still hot, flip the pan over onto a serving tray or cutting board. Scrape extra caramel out of the pan onto the cinnamon rolls if necessary. Sprinkle with reserved pecans and sea salt.