roast turkey leftovers.
Pour it over the shredded chicken.
- 3 c. of shredded chicken
- 1 c. hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 c. shredded cheddar (and/or Mexican)
1. Heat up the hot sauce and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is uniform. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. Put the shredded chicken in a 9x13 pan and pour the hot sauce mixture over it evenly.
3. Sprinkle the cheddar over everything. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until everything is melted and bubbly.
4. Try to let it cool before letting the football fan masses attack it!
1. Heat up the hot sauce and cream cheese in a saucepan over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the mixture is uniform.
2. Put the shredded chicken in a crockpot and pour the hot sauce mixture in. Add the cheddar and stir everything up. Heat on low for 2 to 3 hours. Stir and serve.
3. Bring to the party and watch it disappear.
But let's not forget that it's the end of the month! So let's check back in on the goals.
- Part of January's living simply is to avoid time wasters like facebook and mindless TV. Except that January was a cold, unfriendly month that I spent snuggled up on the couch with blankets and hot cocoa. That is to say, fail. I did have my more social moments, but I spent plenty of time online and watching TV.
- In addition, January also sounds like a good time to avoid sugar. I did soooo well for three weeks, then kind of lost track. I'm counting it as a win.
- Make more wine. It's still brewing! Won't be ready to bottle for another week or two. Actually, I might give it more time, because with wine time is on your side.
- Hockey game! My parents are took us kids out to a game as part of our Christmas swag. Went to the game, had a great time, Amy caught a tshirt, and then they lost in OT. Mostly a good time all around.
- A trip to Chicago! It was COLD. But we had fun and we'll be down there again in a couple weeks!
- Shedd Aquarium! As a Christmas gift, we're taking some family to visit the aquarium in Chicago.
- Super Bowl! I love social get-togethers like this. Yay! People and food and beer and funny commercials! Oh, and I guess there's a football game on too.
- Bottle wine. A recurring goal lately...
- Candied citrus peel! Winter time is citrus time, and it's high time I learned how to take advantage of every part of the fruit.
- Taxes.... Let's get them done early this year, and not wait until life gets really busy suddenly realize that April 15 is a right around the corner :)