20 June 2014

Fried Cinnamon Bananas with Honey

Let me lay it out for you.  This is a dessert.  It is simple, it is fast, and it is easy.  And if you regularly have bananas, cinnamon and honey in your kitchen, it will make a great oh-no-I-forgot-dessert-but-I-have-people-over-and-I-have-to-serve-something dessert.  And bananas!  You can pretend it's a healthy dessert.  If you're not yet convinced, then maybe a photo of fried bananas laying in a pool of honey will change your mind.
Bananas: slice.
Cinnamon:  sprinkle (I had a minor cinnamon mishap here, you REALLY don't need this much cinnamon).
Pan: fry.
Bananas flip!
Honey: drizzle.
Fried Cinnamon Bananas with Honey
Serves: 2
Ingredients:
  • Two bananas
  • 2-3 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp coconut oil or butter
  • 2 tbs honey
Instructions:
1.  Slice the bananas to about 3/4" thick (slice on the diagonal to be kind of fancy).
2.  Sprinkle bananas with cinnamon.
3.  Heat oil in pan.  Fry bananas on medium heat until browned.  Flip and fry until the other side is browned.
4.  Place on serving plate.  Drizzle with honey.
So simple and yet surprisingly delicious.  I wish I had bananas right now so I could make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment