Yield: 30ish cookies
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened (3/4 cup)
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. molasses
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar and egg together. Stir in the molasses.
3. In a separate bowl (or large measuring cup) mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Combine dry ingredients with wet until well incorporated.
4. Form 1.5-in. dough balls with the cookie dough. Roll them in the granulated sugar then place on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake cookies for 8 to 9 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack.