- Drinks with friends! We had a lovely but short evening out - we still have more catching-up to do.
- 4thof July road trip. The Outer Banks are fantastic. There, I said it. And luckily, we have a few great excuses to keep going back.
- Get photos printed to finish off last month’s goal. Photos printed! Captions written! Mail sent!
- Keep the plants alive. Well, they're all alive and doing...okay. I've had a huge number of flowers falling off due to excessive heat, but I'm still eating the fruit of my labors. The first tomatoes went into a delicious guacamole last week.
- More summer clothing! Thank goodness for Goodwill. I now have a couple more dresses, some tshirts and shorts that are more weather-appropriate. In Michigan, I could go the whole summer without wearing shorts. Things are little different here (for reference: see title).
- Elderberries are now fair game. It's wine time.
- Same thing with prickly pears. I want to at least try some prickly pear juice, but I'd love to make wine out of it.
- Buy a flippin house. I'm tired of looking at houses. Just buy one already!
- Car oil change. This needs to happen soon.
- Bus work. After a few months of neglect, we're ready to start attempting some parking lot projects.
- Enjoy the pool more. There's one at the apartment complex and I need to take advantage of that.
This is dinner on a pretty regular basis. Tacos are the best.
Mornings on the porch with coffee and a book? I could get used to this life.
The Outer Banks, immediately post-Arthur. Not a lot of damage, but the water was still turbulent.
These are NOT cherry tomatoes. I don't know why they're so small. Also in the last week, the tomato leaves have all turned very yellow. Sigh.
Here's a garden buddy I found hanging out!
Kyle made some candied sugar (?) in order to start a Belgian Dubbel beer. I'm hoping that gets bottled soon because I can't wait to try it!
I made this. Double chocolate zucchini bread. You should make it too. Like, yesterday.