- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup (can sub 2 tbs brown sugar)
- 2 tbs hot chili sauce (Sriracha or chili garlic sauce work)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 c. mushrooms, roughly chopped (half an 8 oz package) - optional
- 1/3 c pecan pieces
- 1/3 c cranberries
- 3 to 4 oz goat cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Halve the squash. Remove the seeds and stringy bits. Peel and cube the squash.
3. In a large bowl, coat the squash with the olive oil, maple syrup, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Spread the squash out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Take the squash out of the oven and gently stir. Add in the mushrooms and pecans. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes until the squash is tender.
5. Put the squash into a serving bowl. Stir in the cranberries. Top with goat cheese. Serve!
So maybe squash and I will make peace after all.