Makes 1 large or 2 medium pizzas
- 1 package of dry yeast (0.25 oz)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 2.5 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Mix the yeast, sugar and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture and flour. Add the salt and olive oil. Stir until combined. Let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Form the dough into the pizza shape of your choice on a peel dusted with cornmeal. Transfer to a fancy baking stone (I'm sure a normal pizza pan would be a fine substitute). Top with your toppings of choice, then bake for 15-20 minutes.