The problem with September is that I failed to review my goals mid-month, which means I forgot what most of them were :)
- Start and finish a book. Actually I started three books at once, but I did finish one of them.
- Take a bath. Ha! Yeah right.
- Let someone else cook. For a full week, Kyle was in charge of food. It was great, and by the end of the week, I actually felt like cooking again.
- Can homegrown tomatoes – spaghetti sauce AND pizza sauce. It's a nice feeling to know that all those garden tomatoes are preserved for winter and aren't taking up fridge or freezer space.
- Bachelorette party for one of my good friends. Wow, was that a lot of fun! It was a great weekend, and I think we gave the bachelorette a nice send-off to the married life.
- Wedding. So much wedding! A fabulous fall day, some lovely new people, and a night that went on to the wee hours of the morning.
- Make a soufflé. This has still been on my mind. It will definitely happen. Maybe even in October.
Oh, and no ArtPrize this year. Sadly, tomorrow is the only time I can go, and it's forecasted to be in the 40s and rainy, which doesn't sound like much fun. Here are some things that I think I will actually be able to do, though:
- Maintain the garden. There isn't much left growing, but those last few tomatoes and peppers are still worth covering before a frost.
- Go through all my papers and file everything. Go through closets and bring clothes to Goodwill. Dump all the crap I don't need. Pare down my belongings.
- Rack the blueberry wine. It's been sitting in those lees for long enough.
- Rearrange the book shelf.
- Stay warm. Stupid winter...grrrr.
- Try a new food. Not just a new dish, but a dish that uses an ingredient I've never had before.