Yes. Pork rinds.
I have never eaten a pork rind before. I was determined to try one before making this crust, but when I opened the bag, the smell was just too...vile. I couldn't do it. Luckily, there isn't much pork rind flavor in the final product. This pizza was delicious.
Pork Rind Pizza Crust (I followed the recipe here pretty closely)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1/2 tbs ground garlic
- 1 c. ground up pork rinds (about half a 1.75 oz bag)
1. Preheat the oven to 425*F.
2. Mix up the cheeses, eggs, and spices. Add the ground pork rinds.
3. Heavily grease a 9x13 pan. Spread the dough out in the pan. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes.
4. Top with pizza toppings of your choice. Bake for 10-12 more minutes until cheese is bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Crust, "meatza" - made with a flattened chicken breast as the "crust." Apparently I never actually blogged about that one.)