07 June 2013

June Goals

I didn't plan well today, so there won't be many photos.  Or maybe there will.  I'll have to see if there's anything relevant on my phone.
Random lunch from this month.  I keep saying I don't like dressing, but I've slowly started adding a spritz of extra virgin olive oil to my salads.  And lately, I've been adding some nice dijon mustard too.  So it's kind of inaccurate to say I don't like dressing.  But I digress:

  • Survive.  Actually, thrive.  I know I’ll survive.  I did - both.  I had a great time this month, and I don't feel like I was ever overly stressed.  Which leads right into the next goal:
  • Be realistic about stress. 
  • Spend a night in the garden.  Maybe plant some things.  Enjoy the sunshine and the dirt.  I did all these things too.  Actually, I spent two nights in the garden, and got the whole thing planted up with Amish tomatoes and peppers
  • I’ve got a budget that I haven’t been doing too well at.  Goal for May: stay within ten percent of my budget.  Better yet: under budget.  I still need to do some accounting before I make the final call on this one, but so far things are looking pretty good.
  • Blog once a week.  Despite being sans-internet at home, this one is accomplished.  My life is ridiculously different now.  I no longer waste time online.  Sure, there the occasional facebook bout, but I never manage to spend more than ten minutes on facebook anymore.  It's weird.  More or less, I check facebook and a few news stories at lunch, and that's practically the extent of my time online at home.

So, May was like the busiest month of my life.  I feel like I'm still recovering.  And, let's face it, summer isn't a time for working goals, it's a time for hanging out with friends and getting the boat out.  So let's make the June goals something appealing.
  • Get the boat out.  Not just mine.  I'm lookin' at you, Baneys and Boonzaaijers.
  • Eat something from the garden.  Yeah, it will probably just be some spinach or arugula, but it's a start.
  • Farmers market?  Does the farmers market start this month?!  Farmers market!  It's coming back, I'm excited, and I will be in attendance at some point this month.
  • Read a book.  Read TWO books.  
  • Go camping.  I actually squeezed some camping into May.  I should write a post about May.
  • Find a campfire and go enjoy it.  This campfire must be unrelated from the camping trip.
  • Start some rhubarb wine.  That's right, people, it's wine season again.
I made wine from a kit and it came with these labels. I brought the wine to a place where some of my not-so-mature friends were present, so I decided to class these ladies up a bit.  I think it's funny.  You probably don't.  I don't care, it's my blog and I can put whatever I want here.

Yay summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment