this recipe nearly to the letter. I rarely do that. I had the perfect avocado on hand.
Lots of colors go into the brownie mix. Avocado, melted chocolate, eggs, cocoa powder, coconut flour, honey, almond butter...
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 c. almond butter (can also use sunflower seed butter to keep it nut-free)
- 1/2 c. honey
- 4 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tbs butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. Process the avocado in a food processor until smooth.
3. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth (stirring in between).
4. Mix up everything except the chocolate chips. I would add the eggs last just so the hot chocolate doesn't cook them. When well-mixed, add the chocolate chips.
5. Put the batter in a greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.