- 1 c. red cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. yellow pear tomatoes
- .5 c. red onion
- 1 merlot pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 banana peppers
- 2 limes (juice + zest)
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop everything up.
- Corn tortillas
- Any spice you want (suggested: a bit of cayenne, some garlic, smoked paprika, a light dusting of cinnamon, or cumin)
1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Prepare a pan by putting a metal cooling rack on it.
2. Slice the tortillas into sixths (can also slice them into quarters). Spread tortilla pieces on cooling rack.
3. Sprinkle spice of your choice on tortilla pieces.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Watch these videos on Climate Change: the Scientific Debate (each are ten minutes long, so you can watch a few at a time until you get through them all).
- Read an edifying book.
- Sell or give away some of the stuff I no longer use.
- Continue to preserve food through canning or freezing (more tomatoes? more pesto? apples?).
- Get ready for some September events! I'm putting together a slideshow of a bunch of area gardens / harvests! How fun is that? We're also putting together a cookbook full of recipes that use mostly local foods.
- Spend a day on a lake. Doesn't matter which one :)