13 September 2013

Superfood Quinoa Salad

We've been trying to eat healthy foods lately, and I spotted a photo from Oh She Glows, I just had to make something like it.  The problem is, I was basing in on the photo/title rather than the actual recipe, so it turned out completely different.
Oh well.  Still delicious, and packed with health foods.  I started out with the great pile of garden cucumbers that have been plaguing me (did I just say the garden produce has been plaguing me?!  No, it's been great!  And only a little scary).
To which I added quinoa (I totally neglected the lentils used in the original recipe, mostly because I forgot them and was too lazy to actually go back and cook some), red onions and basil.
And oh yeah, I said superfoods.  So we've got quinoa, let's add some avocado and salmon.  Some garden peppers and a little salt and pepper to top it off.
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Ingredients:
  • 3 c. chopped cucumberes
  • 3 c. cooked quinoa (cooled)
  • 1 c. chopped red onion
  • .5 c. chopped fresh basil
  • 1 avocado, sliced into chunks
  • 1 can alaskan salmon (~14oz)
  • 2 green peppers
  • optional: 1 tomato, chopped (Kyle's preferred version)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:
1.  Easy peasy.  Put it all together.
Makes a great lunch or a side dish for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment