09 January 2015

Thoughts for a New Year

Well, I've had over a week to think about what I want to accomplish in 2015. 
And I still don't have a good idea of what I want my year to be.  So I'll ease into it.  What does January hold?
  • Finish making more raised beds.  This is an easy one because it's 80% done (but the 80% was still done in January, so count it!).
  • Make a bunch of tshirts.  I've had a lot of interest in the shirts I made for Kyle and me for Christmas, so I guess I can make a few to sell.
  • Drop the engine in the bus.  Kyle has a list of things to get done and I want to be there every step of the way.
  • Roll my old 401k over into an IRA.  I tried to start this process already, it's more of a pain in the ass than I anticipated. 
  • Begin two more Coursera classes.
  • Find some new workout to kick my butt.  I'm tired of all the things I've been doing, I need something new.  I just ran into this so I'm going to start here - it looks like there's something for everyone in this list.
That seems reasonable.  January is looking like a pretty quiet month.  I will have to find a couple fun things to do to break it up.  I think I'm hibernating right now - all I want to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket.  I'm not feeling very motivated.
That makes 2015 goals that much harder.  But here goes:
  • Put a camping set up in the bus.  That's a lot of work.  We probably won't get too much done in the summer when it's ridiculously hot out.  Can we get it done in a year?  I think yes.  It would be reeeeeeally fantastic if we could drive it up to Michigan this summer, but that might put a lot of pressure on our few vacation days.
  • Recover the seats in the bus.  That's a big job that scares me.  It probably won't be as bad as I think.  Just need to DO!
  • Track my net worth on a monthly basis.  I actually started this last year, but I wasn't checking retirement accounts because it involved logging into several more sites, so I wasn't getting the full picture. 
  • Continue taking free classes!  Here's a great post with a list of resources for free education.  Here's a site with a list of free online photography courses, which I hope to work on after I get through my next round of Coursera classes.  Specifically, I would like to be taking two classes at any given time (although a couple weeks of break in between classes is okay).
 Alright.  Happy 2015 - can't wait to see where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment