19 February 2012

Home DIY: A Cubic Wall Clock

What do you do when you're bored?  Facebook, Pinterest, Reddit...  the internet offers many options.  My favorite "vice" is home design sites like design milk or Trendir.  That's where I spotted this colored cubic clock.
Source
Great minimalist design, great colors, and it is dynamic - shape-changing.  Looks pretty easy to make, too.

So I went to my local home improvement store and liberated some paint chips.  I formed them into little boxes to mount on the wall.  I picked up some clock parts and made a box to fit around the components.  I think I spent about $8 on the whole project.  It took quite a bit of time, but it was worth the effort.
Pretty simple, right?  Nothing too daunting.  And so clock-like!  I opted against putting a second hand on it.
Here are all the "numbers."
The actual clock part is the only one mounted on a nail, all the other boxes are just held up by blue masking tape.  I'm still waiting to see how that holds up - so far, so good!
Well check that guy out!  Too cool.  I'm really pleased with the results, although I have a few edits to make next time I move it.



No comments:

Post a Comment