09 February 2012

Snowmobile Festival!

In case you haven't yet noticed, I live on a lake.  And even in the winter, sound carries.  Sound carries LOUDLY.  So when 30-50 snowmobiles start revving their engines across the lake bright and early on a Saturday, sleep time is OVER.

Luckily, Kari came and rescued me.  We went ice skating on the world's best ice!
Photo courtesy of Kari
We even took some fun shots :)
Photo courtesy of Kari
We skated all the way across the lake to the snowmobile races.  We both just bought new cameras, so we were testing them out.
Photo courtesy of Kari
We watched people voluntarily jump into freezing water...fully clothed.
Photo courtesy of Kari
Kari has figured her camera out a little better than I have mine...
It was such a gorgeous day.
The ice was phenomenal.
Photo courtesy of Kari
And finally, with our last few hours of daylight we went to the dam to test out a few different shots.
I know, not the best shots in the world.  We were playing around, and I actually learned a lot about my camera.  We had fun!  And the lake...people, a zamboni couldn't have made better ice.  I can't wait to go out again.  Kyle has some new skates to test out!

No comments:

Post a Comment