Who has time in the morning? Not me...I'm normally out the door twenty minutes after waking up. Normally I eat a handful of almonds for breakfast. It's about perfect, but I still get a little hungry before noon. So I'm trying something a little more substantial: egg muffins.
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped hot pepper (jalapeno, serrano, etc)
1 lb sausage, fully cooked
1 tbs dried oregano
cheese, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 350* F.
2. Saute the onion and peppers until soft. Mix up the peppers, onions and sausage.
3. Crack the eggs into a separate bowl. I usually go one by one to make sure that I don't ruin the whole thing if I have one bad egg. Whip up the eggs until well mixed and a little fluffy.
4. Mix the eggs and meat/veggies. Add the oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Ladle into well-greased muffin tin, filling each cup to about 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Yield: 18 - 24 muffins. They last in the fridge for about ten days. Reheat in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds for a fast, Paleo breakfast.