02 November 2012

Cold Weather Goals

Well, here we go.  Another month passes before I have a chance to blink.  Actually, it was a pretty great month.  I finally had some downtime!
So check out my list of October goals:
  • Maintain the garden.  I did for as long as I could, but eventually the cold weather won.  I still have a pile of green tomatoes sitting on the table, slowly turning red.
  • Go through all my papers and file everything.  Go through closets and bring clothes to Goodwill.  I did really well on this!  I went through and filed my papers.  I went through my closets and gave some clothes away.  I still have a lot of stuff to go through, but November's another month!
  • Rack the blueberry wine.  I racked the blueberry and started some sauvignon blanc!  That's right, I went above and beyond on this one!
  • Rearrange the book shelf.  Well, I didn't rearrange it, but all the books are at least put away.
  • Stay warm.  I'm going to have to call this one a fail.  Not only did I lose my driving gloves, leaving my hands cold on the way to work, but I also lost heat in my apartment for a day or so.  For the other 99.5% of the month I stayed pretty warm though :)
  • Try a new food.  Um, yes?!  Did you see my sardine stuffed mushrooms earlier this month?  Done and done!
Neener.  I feel like it was a pretty successful month.  I also cleaned out and rearranged the fridge and the freezers.  I even took out the trash ;)
So what will November bring?  Well, it's turkey month, so you know there's going to be family and pie and (horrors) Christmas music...
  • Road trip!  Heading down to NC/VA to see some good friends and long-lost family.
  • Oh, speaking of long lost family, I have a grandma who lives a mere 1.5 hrs away and I have not seen her since spring.  Ouch.  So we're doing lunch with Grandma on Sunday!
  • I'm also going to make some egg muffins - the perfect Paleo breakfast-on-the-go!
  • The sauv blanc I just started only needs a month before bottling, so I guess bottling is on my list for the month.  While I'm at it, I might as well bottle the blueberry (if I can scrape together enough bottles).
  • Vote, obviously!  And you should too!  Voting is a privilege, a right, and an obligation.  Don't take it for granted.  Let your voice be heard.
  • We've been working on an "Igloo List" for winter activities to keep those wintertime blues at bay (sort of a 'bucket list' that doesn't include dying when the list is finished).  So let's get an Igloo List item crossed off!  My vote is for the Star Wars marathon...most of the list items include snow and I'm hoping we get a few more weeks snow-free.
Well, that looks like a worthy list.  Since the holiday season is approaching, I'm hoping I actually get it all done, but I'm sure the calendar will fill in quickly.

Happy November!

2 comments:

  1. i saw those sardines on sale and almost bought them. then I kind of freaked myself out, I don't even know what they would taste like! great goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sardines just have a bad reputation. I don't think I'd put them on pizza, but they really weren't that bad!

      Delete