17 May 2013

Red Quinoa Salad with Basil

I'm seriously lacking in photos for this one, but it was just so tasty.  And Memorial Day is right around the corner.  So why not.  Let's put it on the blog.  This is a great recipe to bring to gatherings of people.
Red Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 c. uncooked red quinoa
  • 1/2 large bell pepper
  • 1 roma tomato
  • 1/2 lime (juice and zest)
  • 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbs. sesame oil
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
1.  Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.  Put in the fridge to cool.
2.  Chop the pepper and tomato, toss with the quinoa.  Add the lime juice and zest.
3.  Mix up the remaining ingredients and toss with the quinoa. 
4.  Top with chopped basil leaves for garnish.
To make up for my lack of photos, please enjoy the following pics from my little brother's art show, which used reclaimed materials.  I would really like to title this one "Jaws."  I am not sure he would appreciate that.
And this is me with my brother and his truly delightful lady friend.  Photobomb courtesy of our mutual friend.
And for funsies, here's a salad I made that was particularly pretty.
Okay, well that's all for now.  If everything goes according to plan, I should be having a lovely trip down to North Carolina right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment