15 May 2012

Garden Salad

The last couple posts have been overwhelmingly full of information.  I get it.  It's hard to picture that first juicy tomato when your eyes are blurred by the sweat of moving twenty square feet of dirt.  Keep your eyes on the prize, because the first garden harvest isn't that far away!
The easiest and fastest thing to grow - greens.  They're also fairly hardy against the cold.
Most of the greens I'm growing will be ready to pick in just over a month:  35-45 days.  This year I'm growing arugula, lettuce, spinach and a mesclun mix.  But the best thing about a salad is how you dress it.  Home-grown potted rosemary pairs well with chicken.
But my favorite salad ever has cranberries, pecans, and some feta.
Put it all together and what do you get?  The first meal of the season!
If you like dressing, this salad could handle a light vinaigrette.  I prefer my salads dry, though, so I made sure the chicken stayed moist while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment