used both, I don't really like the idea of trying to use new foods to mimic foods that aren't really a part of my diet anymore. Incidentally, Kyle was the one that found the recipe below. So while I would love to give credit where credit is due, I have not been able to find it back. Also, I'm sure he somewhat altered it.
We tried these a couple months ago and they are a great budget-friendly Paleo meal. I know canned tuna does not really fit the Paleo model, but when cooking on a budget, it can't all be grass-fed and wild-raised.
- 12oz. tuna (drained)
- 3 grated carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 jalapeno + 1/4 green bell pepper (1/2 cup total)
- small onion (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs butter
- Drain the tuna. Grate the carrots, chop the onions and peppers, then add to tuna. Add the ground flax, eggs and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Form mixture into six patties.
- Heat butter in a skillet on the stove. When melted, add patties. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side until browned.
- Serve plain or with cheese or on a bed of spinach or on hamburger buns!