Chocolate Orange Torte is going to become my go-to Paleo dessert, however. You know, just on days when that sweet tooth is bugging me. That torte was absolutely delicious - and I'm not just talking "delicious for being a Paleo dessert." I'm talking hands-down, favorite, moist, chocolately, delicious torte.
From Chocolate and Carrots:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut flour
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut oil, vanilla extract, eggs and almond milk together.
- In a larger bowl, stir the sugar, coconut flour and salt together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon, roll into a ball with your hands and flatten out.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly brown.