07 March 2012

Paleo Shamrock Shakes

So you want a Shamrock Shake, but what McDonald's has to offer is...unappealing.  Would you prefer something with fewer calories?  Something dairy-free?  Something tasty and, dare I say, healthy?  Look no further, friend.
I have not eaten McDonald's food in over six years, but last March, Kyle and I went on a Shamrock Mission.  Mission NOT accomplished.  Apparently all the McDonald's in Hampton Roads didn't feel the need to provide people with the best treat of the year (or at least none of the ones we made it to).

It's time to take matters into my own hands!  And I am so proud of my creation that I'm making it my namesake.  My four-leaf clover of recipes.  Something to make up for all those kitchen disasters

Darcy's Shamrock Shakes
  • One banana
  • 1/2 cup of peaches (I used home-canned stuff from this summer)
  • 3 or 4 almond milk ice cubes
  • A generous handful of spinach
  • 1/4 cup of mint leaves
Everything goes in the blender!   Blend until smooth, garnish with mint leaves.  Makes two very filling smoothies, and you can choose whether to tell people how healthy they are.  The spinach and peaches don't add much flavor, if at all.  The almond milk really calms the banana and sweetens the shake.  The mint prevails to make a very tasty shake!
On a different note, I signed up for the chili cook-off at work.  I've never put my cooking to the test like this before, and I've heard that two of the judges are quite picky.  I do have a secret chili recipe, but since it's been so long since I've cooked with beef, I might have to make some adjustments.  So stay tuned!  Trophies are at stake!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete