03 March 2012

February Goal Round-Up

February goal round-up:
  • Kick this strep. Ha! Done. Actually, I had some lingering laryngitis for a while, but that’s long gone too.
  • Budget. Uh…I’m not going to lie, it’s really hard for me to get this done because I’m still not entirely sold on the conjecture that I NEED a budget.
  • Plant things. I planted SO MANY things. Some of them are even growing! I planted the majority on Feb 25, though, so not much has happened yet.
  • Transplant things. Didn’t happen
  • Reintroduce carbs into my diet. Fail. I guess I’m going to keep up the Paleo until Lent is over. I don’t really know why.
  • Read a book. A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway, and part of The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan.  Both quite interesting, in completely different ways.
  • Plan a trip. I thought about it enough that if I really need to escape, I know exactly where I’m going. But I didn’t get down to the nitty gritty, nor did I look at dates.  All these Spring Breakers aren't helping the situation.
  • Side projects. So I did finish my paint chip clock, but I didn’t get anything else done. Put it on Saturday’s list, I guess.
  • Whittle my middle! Consider me whittled, friends. And since this only takes about five minutes right before my regular workout, I think I’m going to continue it. My moment of triumph was when Kyle joined me for the whittling, and I out-planked him!
Successes and failures. I aimed high, and I’m happy with what I accomplished. I did a lot of other things this month, like make cheese, have people over for lunch/dinner, host Kyle’s family for part of a weekend, go up to “the city” a couple times, and up my workout to level two.

So what will March bring?
  • One TED Talk per week. I spend enough time on non-edifying internet sites, surely I can devote 20 minutes a week to something that will make me a more informed, educated person. Would you like me to report back on what I’ve learned?
  • Greek-style meatballs. On a whim, we bought a fennel bulb, which I’ve never cooked with before. I went on a recipe hunt, and I’ve been salivating over this recipe for days but haven’t had time to make it. Before the weekend is over, expect these meatballs to be in my tummy.
  • Budget. It’s really going to happen this month, I promise.
  • Finish The Omnivore’s Dilemma
  • Red Wings game?
  • Make magnets. Do mending. Seriously, this stuff just needs to get done.
  • Buy a car.  I've been putting it off for nearly a year.  It's time to make this one happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment